During the winter months, I love to cozy up with soup or something hearty. Sometimes though, I find myself craving a salad. We've had an abundance of lettuce in our garden that needs to be picked, so it was time to come up a new salad recipe.
After Thanksgiving, we had random things left in the fridge that needed to be used up, so it was time to get the creative juices flowing. I came up with a salad that felt fancy, but also easy to make and filling. The only thing that I would add the next time I make this is walnuts for some added crunch. Lately, (because we have a ton in the garden) I've been adding fresh cilantro to my salads and it truly makes the salad.
Winter Citrus Salad
Ingredients: (You can choose how much you want to make)
- Bibb Lettuce
- A sprig of fresh mint chopped
- Small bunch of cilantro chopped
- Avocado diced
- Blood Orange peeled and cut up
- Brie of choice cut into small pieces
- Lentils (I use the pre cooked brown lentils from Trader Joe's)
- Sprinkle of Salt and Pepper
- Sprinkle of Red Pepper Flakes
- Lemon Juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
In a large serving bowl, whisk the lemon juice and olive oil together, along with the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Add in all of the salad ingredients, toss and serve. Enjoy!