What to do with all of them apples?
One of my favorite Fall activities is going apple picking. I have a few favorite recipes, ranging from pies to soups. Below are some links for my go-to recipes:
- Smitten Kitchen's Breakfast Apple Granola Crisp
- Weelicious Pumpkin Apple Muffins
- Nutty Harvest Honeycrisp Kale Salad
- Barefoot Contessa's Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Martha Stewart's Classic Apple Pie
- Chicken Salad with Apples & Slivered Toasted Almonds
My sister, Liv made up this recipe and it couldn't be easier. It will easily last you a few days
- 2 Chicken Breasts, shredded or small diced.
- 1 small container of plain greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Coarse sea salt + fresh cracked black pepper
- Fresh Thyme or any fresh herb of your choice
- 1 Apple small diced
- 1/2 cup of toasted slivered almonds (Slivered almonds usually come raw, toast them up in
pan on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently)
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, and you have yourself lunch for the week. Serve
over a bed of greens or with crackers.