Easy Meals using Rotisserie Chicken
I have to admit, I am new to using a rotisserie chicken for making meals easier. I'm shaking my head at myself as to why I have waited so long. I feel like using a rotisserie chicken can literally cut your cooking time in half. They are full of flavor and one chicken can make two different meals for my family. Just this week, I used one to make Chicken Salad (which will last a few days for lunch) and White Bean Chicken Soup (also lasts for two meals). Below, I've compiled a few of my favorite recipes using this extraordinary kitchen hack.
- shredded or diced chicken (enough for 2-4 people)
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of toasted slivered almonds (stir over low heat for 5-10 minutes until slightly brown)
Stir together the yogurt, mustard, lemon + S&P. Add in the chicken and almond. Done!
Fall Harvest Salad:
For the dressing-
A few tablespoons of olive oil
or if you don't have that,
1 tbsp of dijon mustard
1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
A dash of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
For the Salad:
2 heads of butterhead lettuce, or a crunchy lettuce of your choice
A rotisserie chicken, cut up (you'll only need a breast or two, save the rest for salad the next night or chicken salad)
1 cup of cooked lentils (I buy mine at trader joe's in the produce section)
1/2 cup of rough chopped sharp cheddar
1 honey crisp apple diced
1/2 cup of walnuts toasted (optional)
A baguette warmed up in the oven
Softened butter sprinkled with flaky sea salt
In a large serving bowl, make the dressing. Whisk the olive oil and pretzel mustard (or other as mentioned above) until emulsified.
Add in the lettuce and the salad toppings. Toss until combined. Serve with warm, crusty bread and butter. Delish!
Winter Citrus Salad
Ingredients: (You can choose how much you want to make)
- Bibb Lettuce
- A sprig of fresh mint chopped
- Small bunch of cilantro chopped
- Avocado diced
- Blood Orange peeled and cut up
- Brie of choice cut into small pieces
- Lentils (I use the pre cooked brown lentils from Trader Joe's)
- Sprinkle of Salt and Pepper
- Sprinkle of Red Pepper Flakes
- Lemon Juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
In a large serving bowl, whisk the lemon juice and olive oil together, along with the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Add in all of the salad ingredients, toss and serve. Enjoy!
White Bean Chicken Soup - This recipe comes from The Modern Proper. So good! I always put some fresh cilantro on top.